Monday, June 22, 2009

Evolution, Revolution & Change.

Thirty years of life, eleven years with the same guy, and friendships still in the early stages.
3 things with seemingly no connection... but then again.

If anyone was to tell me 12 months ,6 months, 3 months ago that my marriage would be over, and I'd be living in Newcastle with two other girls, I would have said they had rocks in their head, yet here I am.

This is where I am in the all new adventures of Kylz..
A scary place for me to be, I've always had stability and consistency as a forerunner of my life, yet in the span of a month I left my husband and packed up a few of my belongings and moved in with Mel & Dot. 2 girls I adore, yet only met in the flesh in April.

Sounds a hell of a lot like an early mid-life crisis...

My marriage wasn't a bad one, we just grew apart.
He was exactly the same man he was 11 years ago. Me.. I'm a different person to the one I was last week, let alone 11 years ago...
We were both miserable, but didn't want to be the one to make the change.. until it got too much and I decided enough was enough. There are things I want from life, experiences I want to have and I realised I quite possibly wouldn't get to do any of it if I stayed.

I have never taken such a giant step in all of my existence, oh, I've done some stupid things all on the spur of the moment.. but nothing on this level. Everything that has happened has done so so quickly and with very little thought (not such a shock there), yet it all feels right in some way or another.

Mel & Dot, Dot & Mel.. what can I say? These girls have been so fantastic/wonderful/amazing, I'm not sure I could even begin to repay them a fraction of what they have done for me.

From cuddles and laughter to sitting on the edge of the bath with me while I bawled like a fucktard.
They have done more for me in such a short space of time than some friends I have known for years.


But where to from here?

I have honestly never been so scared or excited before. The world is open in front of me & all I need to do is seize it by the short and curlies.. but do I really have the courage to do so?
What if this is all a mistake? What if I've made the wrong choices?
Is it too late to change my mind?... Can I stop the ride if it all becomes too much?


No comments:

Post a Comment